Monday, October 3, 2011

All in the family

Tomorrow I am officially pulling my boat out of the water.  I was woken up this morning by the moving company asking if I was ready to go at 7:00 in the morning Tuesday.  I still have to drop the mast which will be an ordeal in itself.  I told them my predicament, but now I think I will try to get it down tonight with the help of a few friends, and of course I will be enlisting the assistance off Innocent bystanders.  We're all boaters though, so you lend a hand where you can.  I guess I've learned to accept how friendly people are down at the docks.
I have gotten a few emails and offers for my boat.  I have been praying to know if I really should be going off to school, or if I should really be selling my boat.  When I bought her I had nagging doubts that I ignored proving that I can push on through anything, but now that I have put her up for sale a lot of things seem to be clicking into place.  It has been a big drain on my time and energy, but for now I will still cherish the time that I've spent learning and living this summer on my boat.  One of the people who emailed me said that he thinks it used to be his dad's old boat.  He can remember being on it as a 7 year old.  Apparently the color and trim all look the same.  He's trying to get it back in the family.  I would much rather sell to someone like that, than just a random person with no attachment to the boat.  I wonder if he has any old photos of it, or what it's name was before.  It would be awesome to have a scrapbook of previous owners for a boat.  I wasn't sure, but he asked if I still had a particular teakettle on board that was of sentimental significance to his father.  I can only imagine it is the peculiar silver one with the cooking ring mounted below it.  No one that has seen this kettle has ever seen another like it.  I hope we can put this together for him.  I was all set to keep her, but for things to be moving along so quickly, and for a buyer to pop up for me in a week when the boat yard couldn't sell her for years must mean something.

No comments:

Post a Comment