Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sticking to the schedule

Alright after thinking about it I've decided to launch on June 6th.  My goal was to have her ready by the 24th, and that shouldn't be a problem.  I just figured I should take as much time as I can making sure everything is ship-shape.  Also since I don't get paid till the 10th, I wouldn't be able to pay the boat haulers till later anyway.  Besides, what would be the point of putting the boat in the water if I don't have the sails yet, or turnbuckles for the rig.  I just think it would be irresponsible to rush to get her in the water before it's all ready, and this way I'll be able to sail almost immediately after launching. 
I am still really excited, and even though it'll be 2 weeks after my birthday, that still gives me 18 weeks of sailing this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment