Monday, November 1, 2010

Whew!

Yeah the newspaper didn't work at all.  But after a few days of bailing I decided to go check the drain holes that had been cut in the keel by the boat yard.  After clearing the gunk out of one of them water began to trickle out.  The next day when I stopped by there was no water in the bilge!  So there's still water in the boat, and I should proabably clear out the old foam insulation, I'm just glad to know that it's not going to pop over the cold winter.  I still don't have any power tools to use, so I'm removing the cabin sole by hand.  The work is going slow since I onlty really have one day a week that I can work on the boat, and since that's my only day off work, it's the only day that I can do a lot of other things.  Hey I'd reather be busy than bored any day.
I do like just sitting on the deck of the boat, or lying out in the cockpit to just relax.  I can't wait till I'm actually out there living the dream.  I can just imagine myself struggling through the rain and swells in the cold rough times, but also snorkeling in transparent waters, and tanning in the good times.  There are just so many possibilities that having this boat opens up for me.  Maybe someday I'll get my coast guard captain's license so I can be the skipper on a charter vessel.  That would be a fun way to make a buck in the bahamas someday.  For right now it's all just a dream, but they're not going to stay that way for long.  The dreams that are so forceful that they get into your waking thought can't be left alone until they are realized and turned into memories of things you've actually done. 
Still looking for the perfect name.  Maybe Aequitas. I like it.  Let me know what you think, and feel free to explore around the rest of my blog.  I'll try to put more detail in here as I write from time to time.

1 comment: