Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Prep for maiden voyage

Things keep showing up in the mail for Aequitas.  It's probably good that I stagger my purchases so I don't notice how much I've spent on sheets, halyards, a VHF radio, flares, life jackets, fenders, dorade vents, sails, and all that nice stuff. 
Today I was off of work for a few hours so after getting a much needed hair cut I went with my family down to try and raise the mast.  We got the stays in order and it looks about ready to go up, but with the wind and the lack of manpower I decided to wait until tomorrow.  I'm really hoping it all goes smoothly.
I feel like I've slowly been getting ill, probably due to the cold dampness in the boat.  I need to go through and bleach everything to eliminate any mold or mildew.  The galley is gradually getting stocked with bananas, apples, pop-tarts, bottles of water.  If all goes well tomorrow I might not come back.... If all goes wrong I might not have the choice of coming back. 
Keep your fingers crossed, and keep reading.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment