Thursday, June 30, 2011

Why I love it!

I've been sailing two days in a row now!  On Tuesday I got to go out on the Merit 25 with some Italian foreign exchange students.  The wind was nice and strong; with 4 people riding the windward rail we still were able to heel over 25 degrees.  I love it when the boat actually starts moving, and it's always fun when there's friendly foreign girls along.  Although I may not have understood everything they said, I'm pretty sure we all had a fun time.
Then yesterday I went with some other friends from church.  I love teaching others to sail, and it's really cool when they pick up on so easily.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm good at teaching or just because they're natural at it.  I would love to have my own charter operation someday, someplace.  Just pick up random groups of people in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean.  Just strangers hitchhiking on the seas, is there any better way to live?  Probably, but for a 23 year old single guy...not really.  On a note about Aequitas, I'm still waiting for my turnbuckle replacements.  I put in an email today to the place and If it doesn't show up soon I'm gonna start to get mad.  I wouldn't pay $30 extra for 2nd day air if I had known it was gonna take a week anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment